This 3 Gallon Water Seal Fermentation Crock Starter Kit includes a 3 Gallon Water Seal Crock, 3 Gallon Crock Cover, and 3 Gallon Weight Set.
- Traditional style, with water-seal on top to keep out air
- Includes 2 semi-circular stone weights and lid
This is a high-quality thick-walled fermentation crock, inspired by traditional European fermenting crock designs. This hand-finished glazed stoneware is a breeze to clean and sanitary. No matter your favorite fermentation recipe, the frequency with which you ferment, or the quantity of fermented food you produce, this is the perfect fermentation crock for all of your home fermentation needs.
In addition to this 3 Gallon Water Seal Crock Starter Kit, we also carry a 2 Gallon Water Seal Fermentation Crock Starter Kit.
Each crock is fired at a high temperature for durability! Finished with Lead-Free, Food-Safe Glaze. Ready to use. Easy to clean. Will not retain the food’s flavors. Microwave safe. Oven safe. Dishwasher safe. High Quality!
American Made by Ohio Stoneware in Zanesville, Ohio!
- Measurements can vary slightly due to these items being handmade. Expect each piece to have slight variations in shape, color and texture due to the natural process of pottery making.
Water Seal Fermentation
Ferment food the traditional way with our water channel crock jar, lid and weights. With this crock, you can make numerous probiotic-rich recipes like kimchi, pickled vegetables, sauerkraut, kefir, kombucha, yogurt, sourdough, condiments, and more! Fermentation gives fermented foods their zing; it also delivers probiotics, B vitamins, omega-3s and digestive enzymes that strengthen our digestive and immune health. There is no limit to the types of fermented foods and beverages you can concoct.
- Make german-style sauekraut for layering on a bratwurst or eating on its own--best served warm!
- Or try your hand at an easy napa cabbage kimchi recipe, rich in umami flavor and healthy probiotics!
- You can truly ferment any vegetable, especially cucumbers, to get the crisp tart flavor of pickles!
- It's even easy to brew kombucha or grow a sourdough starter by swapping out the lid for a clean cloth!
Place prepared cabbage, cucumbers, and vegetables into the crock, using the included crescent weights to submerge the contents, fill the gutter rim, and add the lid. The ingenious design of this crock allows carbon dioxide to escape while keeping air and unwanted microbes and contaminants, such as dust and insects, out.
Check out our blog for some recipes for your Water Seal Fermentation Crock.